This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Building mainline and 4.2 on Debian/amd64


Florian Weimer wrote:

* Andrew Pinski:

Actually it brings up an even more important thing, distros that don't
include a 32bit user land is really just broken.

Are they? I haven't run into problems yet.


(And pretty please, I misread the documentation.  It does *not* state
that amd64 is not a multilib target.  Sorry about that.)

I believe the OpenOffice Team had to do some rewriting because they assumed 32-bit ints/pointers, but that's about it.


If your bread and butter is Fortran programming, you don't even *know* that the pointers are twice the size on AMD64.

--
Toon Moene - e-mail: toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl - phone: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
At home: http://moene.indiv.nluug.nl/~toon
Who's working on GNU Fortran: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2007-01/msg00059.html



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]