This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Problem with building libgfortran on PPC


On Sun, Mar 18, 2007 at 09:07:32AM -0700, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> On 3/18/07, Victor Kaplansky <VICTORK@il.ibm.com> wrote:
> >
> >I have obtained the same error on my ppc64 yellow dog linux:
> 
> >collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault]
> >
> >> I get the following error on PPC while bootstrapping mainline.
> >> Re-runing make I get:
> >> collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault]
> >> make[8]: *** [libstdc++.la] Error 1
> 
> Usually that means there is a bug in binutil's ld.  It might be better
> to use a real FSF stable release of binutils instead of what the
> vendor (distro) provides you with.

I've been using binutils 2.17 on various distributions of powerpc64-linux
and have had no problem with it.

Janis


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]