This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

gcc and gmp/mpfr - order of build


What is the recommended order of building gcc, gmp, mpfr?

I notice that now gcc depends on gmp and mpfr to build.

I believe the gmp recommends using gcc to build (although
it may build with other compilers).

What is the recommended order of building gcc, gmp, mpfr?
I can think of two options:

Option A.  Use the bootstrap compiler to first build gmp and mpfr,
then build gcc.

Option B.  Build gcc without gmp and mpfr.  Then use it to
build gmp and mpfr.  Now rebuild gcc using gmp and mpfr.

Are there other options? What is recommended?

Kate Minola
University of Maryland, College Park


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]