Miscompilation of remainder expressions

Reading the thread "Autoconf manual's coverage of signed integer overflow & portability" I was horrified to discover about GCC's miscompilation of the remainder expression that causes INT_MIN % -1 to cause a SIGFPE on CPUs of the i386 family. Are there plans to fix this bug (which, to me, looks quite serious)? All the best,

Roberto

P.S. I checked whether this bug affects my code and it does.
     Before yesterday I was completely unsuspecting of such
     a fundamental flaw... I wonder how many know about it.

--
Prof. Roberto Bagnara
Computer Science Group