Re: gcc, mplayer and profile (mcount)

On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

I told you was to use the gcc-help mailing list, which was correct.

So this seems to be a bug in gcc: it should be calling _mcount.

It just that it is my impression that gcc list is more appropriate for gcc bugs than gcc-help.

I also did my best to answer your question. In your original message you didn't mention that there was an mcount variable in your program, so it's not surprising that I wasn't able to identify the problem.

Yeah, my mistake, back then I did not know that gcc used mcount() for its own purposes.