Re: First cut on outputing gimple for LTO using DWARF3. Discussion invited!!!!

Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
On Thu, Aug 31, 2006 at 09:24:20AM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
Here, we won't be making syscalls

Yes, you almost certainly will.

OK, good point.

In any case, my concern is that we're worrying a lot about on-disk encoding, but that there are lots of other hard problems we have to solve before we can make this work -- even independent of resource constraints.

So, I suggest we choose an encoding that seems approximately reasonable, but not worry too much about exactly how optimal it is. I think that boils down to: Kenny, I think you should do what you think best, but without working too terribly hard. :-)

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery