This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Can we limit one bug fix per checkin please?
- From: "H. J. Lu" <hjl at lucon dot org>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: pault at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 11:47:27 -0700
- Subject: Re: Can we limit one bug fix per checkin please?
- References: <20060730233838.GA25362@lucon.org>
On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 04:38:38PM -0700, H. J. Lu wrote:
> When one checkin is used to fix multiple bugs, it isn't easy to back
> out just the offending bug fix only if one of the bug fixes causes
> regression. Can we limit one bug fix per checkin?
It happened again. This checkin:
causes the regression:
There are several bug fixes in revision 116268. It is hard to just back
out one bug fix. Paul, would you mind just fixing one bug in one