Re: Suggestion required for appropriate implementation

On Jul 27, 2006, at 12:31 AM, Rahul Phalak wrote:
I want to add command line options in GCC for analyzing application code
for a set of rules.

I agree with Ian for the most part. For research and development, you will want to give your users lots of control. They will then give you feedback as to which ones are useful and why and which sets work well together. For production, you'll want to group the useful sets together and have controls for only the high level sets. We'd be most interested in the result of the research and the high level sets. We prefer names over numbers to identify the sets.