This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Searching configured and relocated prefix.
- From: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 16:17:55 -0400
- Subject: Searching configured and relocated prefix.
We currently search both the relocated compilers prefix and the
originally configured prefix. Should a relocated compiler be searching
Does anyone see a need to search *both* the configured prefix and the
relocated prefix? You can end up finding things you don't mean to find,
you can get NFS time-outs, etc.
However, the strategy above will break situations where people expect to
find some of their bits in a directory indicated by GCC_EXEC_PREFIX, and
the rest in the configured prefix.
(650) 331-3385 x716