This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Question about vec_extract
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- To: Andrew Pinski <pinskia at gmail dot com>, GCC Development <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 13:21:43 +0200
- Subject: Re: Question about vec_extract
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Andrew Pinski wrote:
I have been trying to figure out when the pattern vec_extract is
invoked. I understand it is invoked from extract_bit_field but I
don't see how it can be invoked. For both SSE and altivec I have
tried the following code (which I thought would cause vec_extract
pattern to be called) but on both, it is not.
Does anyone know to get vec_extract working, or is it broken in 4.0.0
I think it could never be generated -- even on 3.x.
Maybe if SRA could optimize such unions to VIEW_CONVERT_EXPR, you would
get both: a vec_extract pattern being generated, and no need to go from
V4SFmode to SFmode via TImode.