Re: Question about vec_extract

Andrew Pinski wrote:
I have been trying to figure out when the pattern vec_extract is
invoked.

I looked at this when I worked on the mips simd support. In config/mips/mips-ps-3d.md I wrote
;; ??? This is only generated if we perform a vector operation that has to be
;; emulated. There is no other way to get a vector mode bitfield extract
;; currently.

So it can be generated, but you have to use a vector mode that doesn't exist on the target. Which kind of defeats the purpose of having it. Anyways, I think all we need here is a little syntax to get the operation we want. Maybe a builtin function or something.
--
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.specifix.com