This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [lto] libelf header
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at dberlin dot org>
- To: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, mark at codesourcery dot com
- Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2006 12:53:03 -0700
- Subject: Re: [lto] libelf header
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> My first attempt to compile the lto branch met with resistance:
> /home/gdr/redhat/lto.gcc/gcc/lto/lto-elf.c:27:20: error: libelf.h: No such file or directory
> libelf (0.8.5-35)
This libelf is too old, see michael matz's message.
You are going to have to grab 0.8.8 from the libelf homepage to compile
>is installed on my system in the standard include
> directory (/usr/include) as libelf/libelf.h.
> lto/lto-elf.c:27 currently says
> #include "libelf.h"
> Should that read
> #include <libelf/libelf.h>
So, the thing is that other libelfs are directly installing their header
(this include elfutils-libelf, solaris libelf, etc).
Thus, this probably need to be autoconf'd.