Re: No effect of -fshort-enums..is it a bug

John Love-Jensen <eljay@adobe.com> writes:

| Hi Dave, Daniel, and Gaurav,
|
| For C99, I stand corrected.
|
| For C89 or C++98, I think my statement is applicable.

No, for C++98 your statement is even more incorrect because
enumerators (the constants) are NOT of type int -- and that has been
so for looon time now that I'm surprise.  In fact, I wish the
enumeration underlying type were not int by default.  But I suspect
that for interoperability with C, it was decided -fshort-enum wasn't
the default (I wish it was).

-- Gaby