This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: make distclean can not remove intl/config.cache


Yao Qi <qiyaoltc@cn.ibm.com> writes:

> Make distclean can not remove intl/config.cache and fixincludes/config.cache.
> 
> The configure commandline I used in GCC building is
> ../gcc-dfp-cvs-Aung-10/configure --enable-languages=c --enable-shared
> --enable-threads=posix --enable-checking --with-system-zlib
> --enable-__cxa_atexit -with-cpu=default32 --target=powerpc64-linux
> --host=powerpc64-linux --build=powerpc64-linux
> --with-as=/home/qiyao/binutils/binutils_build/gas/as-new
> --with-ld=/home/qiyao/binutils/binutils_build/ld/ld-new
> 
> I think these two cache files should be removed when make distclean, but I am
> not sure about it,  would anyone like to take some look?  Any suggestion and
> comments are highly appreciated!

Sounds like a bug.

> May I code a patch on this?

Yes, please.

One way to fix this would be to convert those directories to use
automake, but it would be fine to just add config.cache to the list in
the distclean targets in {intl,fixincludes}/Makefile.in.

Ian


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]