This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Warning C vs C++


Tommy Vercetti <vercetti@zlew.org> writes:

| On Saturday 17 September 2005 17:18, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
| > I would also encourage you to conduct a survey of bug frequency in
| > codes of people who write programs using functions by *guessing* their
| > meanings instead of reading the docs.
| >
| > I suspect you have much bigger issue to fix than complaining that your
| > guess does not match the reality you decided not to check.
| I guess that instead of being not very friendly,

I'm being very friendly at pointing you that the proper way to
understand what -Wall means is NOT by guessing what a subword could/would
mean but by reading the documentation.  

-- Gaby


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]