This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Question regarding compiling a toolchain for a Broadcom SB1
- From: Daniel Kegel <dank at kegel dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jonathan Day <imipak at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: linux-mips at linux-mips dot org, crossgcc <crossgcc at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 10:33:53 -0700
- Subject: Re: Question regarding compiling a toolchain for a Broadcom SB1
Jonathan Day <imipak at yahoo dot com> wrote:
Crosstool, for example, only supports 32-bit MIPS -
and even then the build matrix is a pretty shade of
red for the most part.
[ The build matrix: http://kegel.com/crosstool/current/buildlogs/ ]
There are quite a few combinations that build for 32-bit mips with crosstool, e.g.
mips-gcc-3.2.3-glibc-2.2.5
mips-gcc-3.2.3-glibc-2.3.2
mips-gcc-3.3.6-glibc-2.2.5
mips-gcc-3.3.6-glibc-2.3.5
mips-gcc-3.4.4-glibc-2.3.2-hdrs-2.6.11.2
mips-gcc-3.4.4-glibc-2.3.5-hdrs-2.6.11.2
mips-gcc-4.1-20050702-glibc-2.3.2-hdrs-2.6.11.2
mips-gcc-4.1-20050709-glibc-2.3.2-hdrs-2.6.11.2
so the situation isn't that dire.
For the record, I would be more than happy to add mips64 support to crosstool.
http://www.linux-mips.org/archives/linux-mips/2005-07/msg00189.html
http://documents.jg555.com/cross-lfs/mips64-64/cross-tools/glibc.html
http://documents.jg555.com/cross-lfs/mips64-64/cross-tools/gcc-final.html
mentions some patches that might be needed.
I haven't had time to chase them down and add them to crosstool,
but if anybody else felt like it, I'd gladly accept the patches.
I'm sure a lot of mips64 users would be very happy.
- Dan