This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: existing functionality questions
M-x grep access cp/*.[ch] will show you the existing methods of access
control. lookup_member would be a useful routine to set a breakpoint on and
watch how it does it as well.
Thanks for the reply, this is a static analysis pass so am I wrong in
thinking that most of the functionality provided in cp is non necessary?
For example, the front end already took care of whether or not if an
access to a member variable was legal, what about other member variables?
If that doesn't answer your question, I predict there exists another question
which you'd love to ask us, but haven't, try asking that one instead (I call
this the real question).
Actually, that was the real question, nothing more. I need to be able to
determine what member fields of an object passed to a function are visible
to that function during an optimization pass. Is there existing
functionality somewhere to do that?
Thanks again for the help,
Mike