This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: DCE eliminating valid statement for ACATS c34007p


    > Yeah, that's what I realized in working on this problem.  Is it worth
    > adding a flag to show that this is a gimple-generated variable so we
    > can have an assert that we're not trying to mark it as addressable?

    What has gimple-generated got to do with it?

Well, if it's gimple-generated, then we know it was assumed to not be
addressable, but I guess you're right: setting *any* variable that would
potentially have already been used in gimple as an operand to be addressable
is a potential bug.  I'm wondering why verify_ssa doesn't detect this.  After
all, it means we have an operand that's not a gimple reg.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]