This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
gfortran backports to 4.0
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>, Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>,Steven Bosscher <stevenb at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc mailing list <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:02:29 -0700
- Subject: gfortran backports to 4.0
I've been added me to the Cc: list for PR 20930, which is a Fortran PR.
This is a bug in 4.0 and has been fixed on the mainline. David would
like the patch to appear in 4.0.x as well.
For the record, it's fine to backport Fortran changes to 4.0. I see
Fortran 4.0 as very much a work in progress, with a relatively minimal
installed user base, and it's entirely reasonable to make riskier
changes there than we would for C or C++, especially to fix critical
bugs in 4.0.
In fact, I'd encourage the Fortran maintainers to accept backported
patches, though, of course, the decision is up to them. I'm not trying
to create an obligation for anyone, but, for what it's worth, I think
that following up on:
and, in particular, this statement from Steven:
I guess we should re-sync mainline and 4.0 soon, your patch would be
would be nice.