This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 4.1: Buildable on GHz machines only?
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at airs dot com>
- To: Matt Thomas <matt at 3am-software dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 27 Apr 2005 02:10:38 -0400
- Subject: Re: GCC 4.1: Buildable on GHz machines only?
- References: <426EFE00.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Matt Thomas <email@example.com> writes:
> I have a 50MHz 68060 with 96MB of memory (MVME177) approaching 100 hours
> (48 hours just to exit stage3 and start on the libraries) doing a bootstrap
> knowing that it's going to die when doing the ranlib of libjava. The kernel
> for the 060 isn't configured with a large enough dataspace to complete the
If so, that is particularly irritating since the ranlib is completely
unnecessary. GNU ar always builds an archive symbol table by default.