Re: libstdc++ link failures on ppc64

Diego Novillo wrote:
On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 11:26:33AM -0500, Jon Grimm wrote:

Diego Novillo wrote:

I see no changes in libstdc++ since the previous run and nothing
in the C++ FE, so I'm not sure whether it may be something broken
in my box.

Anybody else seeing this failure?

Yep. I see this here on the PPC64 nightly autotester.

Undoing this patch fixes the build failure on ppc64 (though it doesn't affect the ld segfault on ia64 that I reported separately). Thanks to drow and jbrown for pointing it out to me:

Would you report your as + ld version numbers? Again, I'm guessing that you have an assembler with COMDAT and a linker without, or a broken assembler.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC