This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: 2 suggestions
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr>
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org,ray at learningnetworks dot com
- Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 18:56:01 +0200
- Subject: Re: 2 suggestions
- References: <200504071637.j37GbNDi002651@caip.rutgers.edu>
> Not necessary. If people would simply follow the directions here:
> <http://gcc.gnu.org/install/specific.html#*-*-solaris2*> by setting
> CONFIG_SHELL to /bin/ksh before configure;make bootstrap, they
> wouldn't have such insane build times. I bet it cuts the 48 hours to
> single digits.
Sure, but libgcj build times have escalated, /bin/ksh or not /bin/ksh, and
they are getting unreasonable on (low-end) hardware currently sold by Sun.