Re: Apologies to Mark

Nathanael Nerode wrote:
Apologies for committing.

Thanks.

And I don't mean to make a mountain out of a molehill. It certainly looks like I made a wrong call about the patch, and I'm very psyched that you're cleaning up this stuff. I'm taking everyone's feedback to heart, and I certainly don't want to get involved in every patch, or antyhing even close.

I understand better now your concern about maintaining the patch, and if I'd fully understood I would have come to a different decision. So, I should have probed deeper into the actual patch before lumping Part 1 with Part 2; I owe you an apology in that regard as well.

By way of mitigation, the entire patch for the part 1 merge was submitted
with information about testing and notification that I planned to commit
it early in stage 1, in this message:
which came *after* my project submission and *before* the project
scheduling list.

An excellent point.

In future, please don't be afraid to keep me in the loop; I tend to read the list in batch mode, and I don't always read everything. I don't mind getting multiple copies of mail, though, and so CC'ing directly to me is always a good bet, if you think I might be interested.

Regards,

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC