This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: link problem: BFD: Warning: Writing section `.text' to huge
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <ian at airs dot com>
- To: Virgil Anuichi <vanuichi at yahoo dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 27 Jan 2005 17:54:28 -0500
- Subject: Re: link problem: BFD: Warning: Writing section `.text' to huge
- References: <20050127215523.2485.qmail@web21007.mail.yahoo.com>
Virgil Anuichi <vanuichi@yahoo.com> writes:
> I have an idea of gcc cross compilation-linking.
> However, I'm new to elf header fromats and gnu
> scripts.
Linker script questions should probably go to the binutils mailing
list. See http://sourceware.org/binutils/
> BFD: Warning: Writing section `.text' to huge (ie
> negative) file offset 0xbfbfe640.
I don't think you included the exact command that you are running.
That is important.
> Also, a good link to some tutorial related to gnu
> scripts would mean a lot.
Do you mean something beyond the linker manual?
Ian