Re: Objective-C bugs and GCC releases

>>>>> "Daniel" == Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org> writes:

Daniel> You are simply wrong on this point.  If there were more Objective-C
Daniel> developers, the problem would not come up.  That's how both the Ada
Daniel> and Java frontends manage.

Daniel> The C/C++ GCC developers do not determine the release criteria.  The
Daniel> C/C++ _users_ determine the release criteria, and the Release Manager
Daniel> only codifies that.

One potential problem I see with the current approach is that a
non-release-critical language can be screwed by changes outside its
purview.  For gcj we've occasionally had bugs (cf PR 19505) which
occur in the gcc core.  In theory, something like this could be
introduced the day before a release, and we'd end up shipping a broken
gcj.  No amount of manpower can solve this.

I realize this isn't the ObjC situation.

Tom