Re: fold_builtin_memcpy cannot optimize <retval>?

Andrew Pinski wrote:

On Jan 21, 2005, at 2:37 PM, Mark Mitchell wrote:

I'm not sure. I seemed to believe in that thread that they could never be NULL, but I'm not sure if everyone agreed, and I see that we suggested a non-NULL tag on objects somewhere. So, in that case, there may be no difference at all to the middle-end. In any case, I think that it would make sense for us to allow a REFERENCE_TYPE anywhere we allow a POINTER_TYPE.

Isn't this valid C++ then (or is it just undefined):

It's undefined. You dereferenced a NULL pointer.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC