Re: New GCC logotype development. (Was:Re: New GCC logotypeversion1.6 (Sorry, I forgot to attach the image).)

Vladius wrote:
>>>BUT GCC TECHNICAL LIST IS NOT THE PLACE TO DISCUSS MARKETING IDEAS
>>>
>>>Take it up with Webmaster of gcc.gnu.org and get them to direct you
>>>to the appropriate forum GCC list is not it.
>>>
>>   I will do like You say, thank You.
>
>     I didn't success to find any webmaster contacts. Does anyone know
> how can I contact him?

I don't know, but in the case that GCC people end up less than receptive
to your contribution, you may attempt to get some versions of your art
listed here <http://www.gnu.org/graphics/graphics.html>.  Keep in mind
that people may not be disinclined towards your logo in particular, but
unhappy with non-technical discussion in general.

While those involved with GCC may have grown attached to the current
logo, it is quite likely that there are many other GNU projects that
don't have a logo at all.  Due to the nature of your design so far, it
could apply to pretty much any GNU software.  Someone at the FSF might
know about a project looking for a logo.  Even if you're attached to
compilers, note that GCC isn't the only GNU compiler.  There is also
bison, and I'm sure others.

GCC has never been very good at marketting itself.  Its my perception
that most people who know about GCC, don't.  But the community appears
to consider this "someone elses problem," or not a problem at all.  But
I think it is; Just yesterday a professor of mine implied in class that
a competing commercial compiler is generally better than GCC, which
anyone readily familiar with both compilers knows is entirely contrary
to fact.

Aaron W. LaFramboise