This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gcc3.4.0] ARM/uClinux libstdc++ build.
- From: Karel Gardas <kgardas at objectsecurity dot com>
- To: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 22:04:17 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: [gcc3.4.0] ARM/uClinux libstdc++ build.
On Tue, 4 Jan 2005, Paul Brook wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 January 2005 09:35, Karel Gardas wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I would like to give a GNU C++ a try on ARM/uClinux platform, but even
> > using excellent build script provided by Bernardo Innocenti on
> > http://www.develer.com/uclinux/uclinux-tools.html I'm not able to build
> > gcc3.4.0's libstdc++. The build fails with:
> <...>
> > result. configure: error: No support for this host/target combination.
> > make: *** [configure-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 1
>
> Configure gcc with --with-newlib.
I've added this option to both gcc builds, but the second seems to fail
with:
/mnt/karel/downloads/uCdevel/build/tool-chain-build/arm-elf-gcc/gcc/xgcc
-B/mnt/karel/downloads/uCdevel/build/tool-chain-build/arm-elf-gcc/gcc/
-B/opt/arm-uclinux-tools/arm-elf/bin/
-B/opt/arm-uclinux-tools/arm-elf/lib/ -isystem
/opt/arm-uclinux-tools/arm-elf/include -isystem
/opt/arm-uclinux-tools/arm-elf/sys-include -c -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -g -Os -I.
-I/mnt/karel/downloads/uCdevel/build/tool-chain-build/gcc-3.4.0/libiberty/../include
-W -Wall -Wtraditional -pedantic
/mnt/karel/downloads/uCdevel/build/tool-chain-build/gcc-3.4.0/libiberty/strsignal.c
-o strsignal.o
/mnt/karel/downloads/uCdevel/build/tool-chain-build/gcc-3.4.0/libiberty/strsignal.c:
In function `psignal':
/mnt/karel/downloads/uCdevel/build/tool-chain-build/gcc-3.4.0/libiberty/strsignal.c:563:
error: argument "signo" doesn't match prototype
/opt/arm-uclinux-tools/arm-elf/include/signal.h:131: error: prototype
declaration
/mnt/karel/downloads/uCdevel/build/tool-chain-build/gcc-3.4.0/libiberty/strsignal.c:563:
error: argument "message" doesn't match prototype
/opt/arm-uclinux-tools/arm-elf/include/signal.h:131: error: prototype
declaration
/mnt/karel/downloads/uCdevel/build/tool-chain-build/gcc-3.4.0/libiberty/strsignal.c:568:
warning: comparison between signed and unsigned
make[1]: *** [strsignal.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/mnt/karel/downloads/uCdevel/build/tool-chain-build/arm-elf-gcc/arm-elf/libiberty'
make: *** [all-target-libiberty] Error 2
Cheers,
Karel
--
Karel Gardas kgardas@objectsecurity.com
ObjectSecurity Ltd. http://www.objectsecurity.com