This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.
| Index Nav: | [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index] | |
|---|---|---|
| Message Nav: | [Date Prev] [Date Next] | [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] |
| Other format: | [Raw text] | |
I'll keep this short, then let you have the final word if you want it.I have nothing against intel. However their compiler is designed to PRIMARILY highlight their hardware. They will be the first to admit that they are a hardware company and they primarily support software with the eye towards it enhancing their hardware. There is nothing wrong with this attitude and over the years I have talked several Intel execs who are quite open about this policy.
David Edelsohn wrote:
they have guaranteed that no one will use the compiler for anything except benchmarking.
Scott> Incorrect. I know many people who use Intel's compiler for production code, especially in the high-performance and Fortran
communities.
Again, that is not the point of Ken's comment.
Ken could have made his point without all the anti-Intel rhetoric. Geoff's proposal doesn't even mention Intel by name, so I wonder why Ken felt it necessary to use this as a platform for assailing Intel?
| Index Nav: | [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index] | |
|---|---|---|
| Message Nav: | [Date Prev] [Date Next] | [Thread Prev] [Thread Next] |