This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Should make check always run the java tests?


I'm bootstrapping and regtesting 4.0 with the following command:

[descartes:gcc/mainline/objdir] lucier% cat ../build-gcc
#!/bin/tcsh
/bin/rm -rf *; ../configure --prefix=/pkgs/gcc-mainline --with-gmp=/pkgs/gmp-4.1.3 --with-mpfr=/pkgs/gmp-4.1.3; make -j 8 bootstrap >& build.log && (make -j 12 -k check RUNTESTFLAGS="--target_board 'unix{-mcpu=G5}'">& check.log ; make mail-report-with-warnings.log)


on powerpc-apple-darwin7.5.0. Sometimes the java tests are run and sometimes they are not, see

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2004-10/msg01359.html

where they're run and

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2004-10/msg01071.html

where they're not.

Is this a parallel make problem? Should I report this to the bug tracker? If so, what information should I send in, and for which run, java tests run or java tests not run?

Brad


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]