Re: Dwarf debugging SIGSEGV

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 07:07:07AM -0400, Richard Kenner wrote:
>     > The test case is the gnat1 built from the current tree, but that isn't
>     > necessarily all that useful ...
>
>     Sorry, that's not a test case.  A binary, command line, necessary input
>     files, transcript, and preferably backtrace of the crashing GDB binary
>     - that's a testcase.  I'm not going to jump through hoops trying to
>     find an x86-64 system and build CVS gnat1 on it.
>
> That was exactly why I said it wasn't that useful!  And I have no idea how
> to start in trying to find a smaller case.

That's why I described everything you already have that you would have
to make available as a test case:
  - A binary that shows the problem
  - A command line and input files for the binary
  - A transcript of a GDB session which shows the problem.
  - If possible, a backtrace of GDB crashing, which would allow GDB
    maintainers to guess at the problem.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz