This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Dwarf debugging SIGSEGV
- From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>
- To: Richard Kenner <kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 10:19:28 -0400
- Subject: Re: Dwarf debugging SIGSEGV
- References: <10407291107.AA07559@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>
On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 07:07:07AM -0400, Richard Kenner wrote:
> > The test case is the gnat1 built from the current tree, but that isn't
> > necessarily all that useful ...
> Sorry, that's not a test case. A binary, command line, necessary input
> files, transcript, and preferably backtrace of the crashing GDB binary
> - that's a testcase. I'm not going to jump through hoops trying to
> find an x86-64 system and build CVS gnat1 on it.
> That was exactly why I said it wasn't that useful! And I have no idea how
> to start in trying to find a smaller case.
That's why I described everything you already have that you would have
to make available as a test case:
- A binary that shows the problem
- A command line and input files for the binary
- A transcript of a GDB session which shows the problem.
- If possible, a backtrace of GDB crashing, which would allow GDB
maintainers to guess at the problem.