Re: Questions about changing GCC...

g926417@oz.nthu.edu.tw wrote:
>    I wonder there could be another way to just pick out c-lex.c and c-parse.c, compile them seperately for my own useage?

It is easy enough to build them separately.
    cd gcc; make c-lex.o c-parse.o
However, you will find it difficult to do anything with them.  Nothing
in gcc is designed to be used with other tools because of the GPL and
because of FSF policy to protect the GPL.  Thus extracting code from gcc
to use in other programs is unlikely to work.

>    If it is impossible, could I get the order of compiling each files for more easily debugging?

See the passes section in the documentation.  This is the file
gcc/gcc/doc/passes.texi.  See also
    http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gccint/Passes.html#Passes