libobjc needs APPLE_LOCAL patch

I am not quite sure where to post this. The problem is an Apple one but the library is libobjc which is not really their concern. If people think I should, I will file a bug on the Apple bug reporter.

I am working on Apple MacOS X 10.3.4/Darwin 7.4 powerpc. My project is porting Swarm. I used Andrew Pinksi's patches to build libobjc in the FSF source snapshot 20040711 without problems.

I then tried to do the same in an Apple gcc source code tree from the cvs around 5 July using the apple-ppc-branch tag.

The attempt to build libobjc fails at encoding.c:838 because ADJUST_FIELD_ALIGN is redefined by APPLE_LOCAL mods to the headers to have three arguments instead of the usual two.

My skills are not adequate to work out what the third argument should be.

Bill Northcott