This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: libobjc needs APPLE_LOCAL patch



On Jul 18, 2004, at 4:36 PM, Bill Northcott wrote:


I am not quite sure where to post this. The problem is an Apple one but the library is libobjc which is not really their concern. If people think I should, I will file a bug on the Apple bug reporter.

I am working on Apple MacOS X 10.3.4/Darwin 7.4 powerpc. My project is porting Swarm. I used Andrew Pinksi's patches to build libobjc in the FSF source snapshot 20040711 without problems.

I then tried to do the same in an Apple gcc source code tree from the cvs around 5 July using the apple-ppc-branch tag.

The attempt to build libobjc fails at encoding.c:838 because ADJUST_FIELD_ALIGN is redefined by APPLE_LOCAL mods to the headers to have three arguments instead of the usual two.

My skills are not adequate to work out what the third argument should be.

I will look into this when I get into work (Apple) tomorrow morning.



Thanks, Andrew Pinski


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]