Re: Converting GCC to compilation with C++

    Not just because a patch is written in C means it is of good quality.
    Isn't it?

This is getting *way* off topic.  All I was saying is that I'd object
to any argument of the form: "It's OK to allow feature XYZ even though
it can be abused and produce poorer code quality because the review
process will detect that".  I take "allow" to mean something that we can
check automatically.

If we can identify a subset of feature XYZ that we can test for and does
not have the same propensity of abuse that XYZ itself has, then you are
no longer making the above argument, so my objection to it would not apply.