Re: Converting GCC to compilation with C++

Matt Austern wrote:

I have my own opinions about the implementation language for gcc.
Specifically: I think there are several better choices than C, and I
think that C++ is one of them.  But Mark's report from the Steering
Committee meeting is that switching to C++ would require a major
political fight.  I don't see it happening right now.

If there was a clear general consensus on what language would be best to use, then it would be reasonable to have that technical discussion (I find the use of the phrase "political fight" to be offensive here, this is a technical issue, and RMS has good technical reasons for his views). But first we should see whether there is a consensus that can be obtained.