Re: Ada & JGNAT

Sorry I wasn't providing more information, here are two
links of interest:

http://www.cs.aston.ac.uk/~barnesa/jgnat_ug.html
http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/bios/mcc_html/a_sharp.html

JGNAT indeed emits JVM bytecodes, taking the place
of the "gnat to gnu" phase. I just know the project
through early design while I was working at ACT,
I don't know of the specifics of the latest developments.

Code has been written by ACT employees just like GNAT.

A# takes JGNAT output and run it through a Microsoft
JVM bytecode to the MS IL converter.

Both JGNAT and A# come with binding generators
that take native interface and export Ada
specification.

A# was written by an employee of the US government
as part of his regular work (teaching at USAF) so I believe the code is
in the public domain, I don't know if the FSF had to handle such
cases before, but that comes after JGNAT.

I agree about your comments about the political issues
involved, but I believe this list is not the place to discuss this
particular topic.

Laurent