Re: Deprecating define_function_unit?

> The MIPS ones are a bit harder, but if I understand correctly, most
> of these MIPSen are not very important (they're old), or people are
> working on writing new pipeline descriptions for them.

Mostly I'm just transferring the existing scheduler descriptions to the
automata style. I'm mostly checking that the code is as good or better,
but in general unless I have a decent description for the processor I'm
not doing much reworking.

> So.  Thoughts?  Can I add a note to the documentation (and in rtl.def)
> that define_function_unit is deprecated?

I'm ok with this, though if you want to remove it before I'm done
transferring that'll be a little harder. I can still rework them, but at
that point we should probably make sure that at least the major
processors are covered. Conveniently scheduling descriptions are drop in
and can even go in on branches.

-eric

--
Eric Christopher <echristo@redhat.com>