Deprecate g++ overloading extension?

Jason --

We have an undocumented extension to overload resolution in "joust".
Unless we're being pedantic, we make a try at resolving ambiguities by
choosing the function whose worst conversion is least bad.

I haven't seen any sign that the committee is considering extending
the overload rules in this way, and since this is totally
undocumented, people using this alleged feature are presumably doing
so purely by accident.

What do you think about removing this extension from non-pedantic
compilation?

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery, LLC