This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Deprecate g++ overloading extension?
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, jason at redhat dot com
- Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 10:13:58 -0700
- Subject: Deprecate g++ overloading extension?
- Reply-to: mark at codesourcery dot com
We have an undocumented extension to overload resolution in "joust".
Unless we're being pedantic, we make a try at resolving ambiguities by
choosing the function whose worst conversion is least bad.
I haven't seen any sign that the committee is considering extending
the overload rules in this way, and since this is totally
undocumented, people using this alleged feature are presumably doing
so purely by accident.
What do you think about removing this extension from non-pedantic