This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: c++ link incompatibility between 3.4.0 and 3.4.1-20040625
- From: "Gabriel Dos Reis" <gdr at acm dot org>
- To: "Mark Mitchell" <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: "Nick Rasmussen" <nick at ilm dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, bkoz at redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 15:59:45 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: c++ link incompatibility between 3.4.0 and 3.4.1-20040625
- References: <20040701031930.GO24996@ewok.lucasdigital.com> <40E38951.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: gdr at acm dot org
You Wrote Mark Mitchell
> Nick Rasmussen wrote:
>> I ran into this while rebuilding under the 3.4.1 prerelease:
> Rats; I was just about to announce that I was going to start spinning
> the release.
> Benjamin, do you know anything about this?
Unfortunately, I don't have all the info here, but I think
we have a PR where, under some circumstances (still unclear
to me), the compiler starts emitting instantiations of
templates as static, instead of weak (even on plateforms
that support weak symbols). I believe this is more a compiler
problem that library problem (but I may be wrong as I don't
have full information here).