This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: A question about tree-pretty-printing
- From: Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>
- To: Paul Brook <paul at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at cs dot tamu dot edu>,jason at redhat dot com
- Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 09:53:19 -0400
- Subject: Re: A question about tree-pretty-printing
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
Paul Brook wrote:
The Fortran frontend doesn't use the tree pretty-printer. We generate all
error messages before generating GENERIC trees. For debugging purposes I
prefer the output look like C.
Same for GNAT. Note that Ada also has the -gnatG switch which converts
the expanded GNAT tree back into Ada pseudo-source, which is useful
to both implementors and users. For debugging back end stuff, I think it
is fine for output to look like C.