This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: c.opt doesn't use Var() ?
- From: Zack Weinberg <zack at codesourcery dot com>
- To: DJ Delorie <dj at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 13:23:05 -0700
- Subject: Re: c.opt doesn't use Var() ?
- References: <200406242002.i5OK2pBq018056@greed.delorie.com>
DJ Delorie <email@example.com> writes:
> Why don't any of the *.opt files (other than common.opt) use Var()?
> It seems like something that would reduce code complexity in a lot of
> cases, would make adding a #pragma to tweak warnings easier, yet it is
> rarely used...
I can think of two possible explanations:
1) Zdenek didn't bother to update anything but common.opt.
2) Flags in other *.opt files are associated with variables whose
definitions shouldn't be in the autogenerated options.c.
Either way, patches to (make it possible to) use Var() more are