This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: Question on internal_get_tmp_var


    TREE_READONLY for scalar values doesn't help anything.  I wouldn't
    have expected this to get used for aggregates very often.

It does if you have a SAVE_EXPR for an aggregate.  Certainly not common for
large ones, but possible for small ones.

But there's no *harm* in setting it, right?

    DECL_INITIAL isn't gimple.  Notice that we *clear* DECL_INITIAL
    in gimplify_decl_stmt.

I'm running into trouble with the early gimplification of things
because it makes it harder to trace back and find the expression that
a PLACEHOLDER_EXPR is to match.  I fixed this particular problem by
making a little deeper in the tree (on a fat pointer instead of a
COMPONENT_REF of it), but I'm a little concerned more that can't be fixed
this easily will come up.  Maybe not ...


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]