RE: Deep CSE bug!

My apologies for the appalling grammar!  When I typed it in this end my
message was in English, but ping reports 40% packet loss between me and
my mail server, and I'm getting 30 second delays between typing a
character and it appearing in pine!

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Roger Sayle wrote:
> that it is the REG_EQUAL note states that at the point this instruction
  ^^^^^^^^^^
is that

> is executed "bar" will have the same value as "baz".  The REG_EQUAL note
> is used to record the equivalence when (set (foo) (baz)) is either not
> not recognized/available as a backend, or has a higher cost than the
                                ^^^^^^^
backend pattern

> original.  In normal use, "baz" will be more grounded (contain more
> constants) than "bar".  In the RTL optimizers, it should always be
> valid to reasonable the SET_SRC on an instruction with its REG_EQUAL
replace

> note (except when the REG_EQUAL notes contains an expression list).

Apologies again.

Roger