This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: What is needed to support uclinux shared libraries on MMU-lessARM?
- From: themadrasi <themadrasi at hotpop dot com>
- To: Bernardo Innocenti <bernie at develer dot com>
- Cc: John Lee <chunqiang77 at 163 dot com>,"gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 16:10:54 +0530
- Subject: Re: What is needed to support uclinux shared libraries on MMU-lessARM?
- References: <40CDEF95.email@example.com>
binfmt_flat.c does some special things for libraries, but
there's nothing about lib_main or passing something in D5.
I've grepped the kernel looking for the place where D5 is
initialized, but I couldn't find it.
There's no ld.so in uClinux (at least, not for uClibc),
so I'm completely lost :-)
There is an ldso in uClibc . Maybe not for MMU less architectures :-) .
From what little I know of uClinux / uClibc the GOT is handled by the
fs/binfmt_flat.c file for the flat file formats
For uClibc on MMU systems there is an ldso that is used.