Re: G77 Compiler Users Guide?

the only problem in your code is it uses a ";" to denote an inline
comment, which is not supported in g77.  Change all the ";" to a "!" and
it compiles.

"info g77" is chock full of command line options.

 -finit-local-zero and -fno-automatic are highly recommended compiler
options.

> Much of my legacy code is failing because of a differences in
> what is allowed while coding.  This all has to do with the
> first 6 characters.  Can you tell me which rules apply when coding
> for the first 6 characters?

Any character in column 1 means the statement is a comment.
Columns 2-5 are reserved for statement labels.
Column 6 is a continuation character, continuing the line before.
Columns 7-72 code.
Columns 72-80 are reserved.

HTH,
bud davis