This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: naked functions on x86
- From: Jim Wilson <wilson at specifixinc dot com>
- To: Jonathan Wilson <jonwil at tpgi dot com dot au>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2004 22:24:10 -0700
- Subject: Re: naked functions on x86
- References: <40BF36F1.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jonathan Wilson wrote:
Is there a way to get the same functionality as __declspec(naked) in
visual C++ with GCC on x86?
No. We generally don't support naked functions because there is no easy
way to make them work. Put almost anything inside a naked function, and
it will fail.
Try writing assembly code instead of C code.
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com