This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: ICE on m68k-linux in 3_4-branch


Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
This RTL expression should match the pattern and select the
!TARGET_COLDFIRE insn:

Yes. Perhaps the stage2 compiler was miscompiled, causing the pattern match to fail. Try stepping through the code in recog().


I'm still wondering why the documentation for strict_low_part
in gccint.texi doesn't look like this RTX.

The pattern is buggy, technically, since it does not create the SUBREG. However, the passes that actually check for and use the SUBREG are very limited. I would guess that it is only combine, and I would also guess that when combine fails to see the required subreg, all it does is reject a potential combination. Thus the lack of the subreg is harmless. Maybe you will lose a bit of optimization, but this is likely rare.
--
Jim Wilson, GNU Tools Support, http://www.SpecifixInc.com



Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]