This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
More on gimplify:create_tmp_var
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: rth at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 6 Jun 04 00:58:43 EDT
- Subject: More on gimplify:create_tmp_var
It also disallows variable-sized types. I can sort of understand why
it does that, but it seems a fundamental problem for Ada.
I have a tree which is an ARRAY_REF of a VIEW_CONVERT_EXPR of an
INDIRECT_REF of a VAR_DECL. The INDIRECT_REF has a variable-sized type and
so you can't make a temporary of it.
But I think it's a serious mistake to try to split up such a reference anyway.
Shouldn't it be the same code as in get_inner_reference where we go
inside VIEW_CONVERT_EXPR and most NOP_EXPR and CONVERT_EXPR?
I think the problem is in gimplify_compound_lval.