This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: BUILT_IN usage in tree-nested.c
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- To: stevenb at suse dot de
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 5 Jun 04 14:29:02 EDT
- Subject: Re: BUILT_IN usage in tree-nested.c
Yes, but what is wrong with defining all the builtins that the
middle-end _may_ need?
Nothing whatsoever. And indeed it's very valuable to be able to access
*all* the builtins from Ada. I had thought it would be fairly
straightforward to include builtin-types.def and builtin.def, but then
I saw that the former is much more tied to C types than I previously thought
and including it is much harder a task. Though it's one that I do plan
Things like builtin_expect, the trampolines, etc. should all be
defined in a language independent part of the compiler.
That's basically my point.
For now, I think I'll copy the code from the Fortan front end.